Originally situated on the hill now known as Kingsley Park, this was
the home of the man who built the Fresh Pond Hotel. In 1885 the Sisters
of St. Joseph purchased 11 acres of Wyeth's land, the house and 6 other
buildings, which they turned into Mount St. Joseph Academy (a boarding
school for young ladies). The Wyeth house was used as a convent. In
1890 the land and buildings were sold to the City of Cambridge, and
in 1893 the house was moved to 479 Concord Avenue, where it stands today.
For many years it was neglected and allowed to run down. Recently it
was purchased by "Concord Avenue Supportive Housing. " When
renovations are completed it will be used as housing for homeless people.